Situated in the North East of England, Newcastle has excellent transport links with major UK and international cities.
It's easy to get to whether you're travelling by:
- Road - the A1(M) running north to south passes close by the city centre
- Rail - Newcastle is about 3 hours from London by train. The Metro Centre train station is just 0.75 miles from our Newcastle Metro hotel.
- Air - Newcastle International Airport is only seven miles away
- Coach/Bus - the main coach station is located in the city centre
- Sea - ferries run from nearby North Shields to Holland and Scandinavia
While Newcastle is decidedly the hub of activity in the North East, it is less congested than most large cities. Newcastle is a compact city so it's easy to cycle or walk around. The Metro rail network offers fast, efficient travel around the city and Tyneside. The Tyne & Wear Metro is a fast, safe and reasonably cheap way of getting around the city and also to outlying suburbs and surrounding towns including Whitley Bay, Tynemouth, North and South Shields, Sunderland and Newcastle International Airport.
Within Newcastle, Stagecoach provides an excellent bus service. With many discount tickets available and a huge variety of routes you’ll be able to minimise the time and money wasted travelling about and enjoy your holiday.
There are many taxi companies operating within Newcastle, some only operate within the city centre, whilst there are many that specialise in transport to the many tourist attractions surrounding Newcastle.
Sometimes a car is the best way to be able to do everything that you want while on holiday. You'll be please to know that we have free on-site parking for our guests.
If you're looking for more information, here is an excellent guide to getting around Newcastle and the whole of Tyne and Wear. Alternatively, if you need any help travelling around the area, just ask our staff who will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.